TREATMENT FOR DEPRESSION
Reach out for help and treatment for Depression...
TREATMENT FOR DEPRESSION
Dealing with Mood Disorders
Recovery from depression requires taking action. Lifestyle changes such as daily exercise, avoiding isolation, challenging the negative thoughts that tend to be present, and eating healthy food can make a big change in depressive symptoms. It isn’t a quick and easy fix, but along with therapy and possibly medication your depression can lift. The key to depression recovery focuses on small steps at first.
Depression Self-Help Tips…
- Turn toward friends and family for support
- Do not isolate yourself even if you don’t feel like being around other people
- Seek help through a professional or a support group
- Allow yourself to be human…none of us are perfect
- Exercise and proper nutrition are key
- Get enough, but not too much sleep
- Exposure to sunlight in moderation by taking short walks outdoors can help lessen depression
- Practice relaxation through meditation, yoga, or deep breathing
- Don’t skip meals…minimize sugars, alcohol and caffeine
- Focus on proteins and complex carbohydrates
Bipolar Disorder Signs, Symptoms and Treatment
Bipolar disorder causes serious shifts in mood from extreme highs to lows of depression. Bipolar disorder often runs in families and usually occurs in teen years or early adulthood. The manic phase of bipolar disorder includes feelings of excessive energy, creativity and sometimes euphoria. People might experience a lack of sleep, hyperactivity and their speech might be very fast. They may also feel like they are invincible. They have a tendency to spiral out-of-control in areas of gambling, spending, sexual activity or making foolish decisions. They may attempt to self-medicate through the use of drugs or alcohol. They may also become rapidly angry or irritable, aggressive, or lash out at others.
Symptoms of Bipolar Depression:
Irritability or anger
Appetite or weight changes
Memory or concentration issues
Thoughts of suicide
Three different types of Bipolar Disorder include:
Bipolar I Disorder – Manic-depressive form with at least one manic episode or mixed episode and usually one episode of depression
Bipolar II Disorder – Does not include a full manic episode, but involves a lower form of mania and depression
Cyclothymia – is a milder form of bipolar disorder with cyclical mood swings that are less severe
Treatment of Bipolar Disorder:
Long-term treatment is needed as this is usually a chronic type of condition
If you would like to free yourself of depression, please contact me at 805-390-8180 to discuss your options. I have been effectively helping people release themselves from the negative impacts of depression since 2011, and would like to help you get relief from these debilitating emotions.